Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Let the Adventure Begin!

Many of you know I have been planning a trip to Colombia-my Facebook friends could likely tell you my countdown as quickly as I could.  I am so blessed to be able to take this trip in April rather than October.  I don't know if I could stand the wait to hug my girls if I wasn't leaving in 32 hours!  Sara and Daniela have sent me the sweetest letters a sponsor could ask for! They are always full of love and spiritual wisdom! Yes, these young girls have taught me a thing or two about faith and hope in Jesus Christ!


Daniela                                    Sara

As I prepare to leave for my trip, I feel so anxious and excited, yet a little nervous.  This is my second trip with Compassion so I feel that I know a little of what to expect, yet it's a whole different country and two totally different children! I know I'm supposed to be on this trip, God has place these two girls in my life for a reason.  I asked both of my girls to pray that someday we would meet.  By now, they should know that I am coming and will spend the whole day on Saturday with them.  Sara wrote me back very emphatic about supporting that prayer and her dream of visiting a wilderness park will be met as well!  I pray that everything will go smoothly and that all of us sponsors will have a blessed visit with our children and the many other children and families we will come in contact with. Let this amazing adventure begin!