Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Experiencing Ecuador-Life on the River

With Compassion Blog month right after I returned from Ecuador, I haven't had much of a chance to post about my trip. So now that I have a chance to get caught up, I thought I'd write a little bit about our visit to the village of Anchayacu in Esmeraldas, Ecuador.  This small village is on the river and only recently has gotten a road that reaches to the outside world. Our group of sponsors was the first group to ever visit this remote Compassion Center (EC399).  







The children loved to have their photos taken and made some of the funniest faces! We spent time with them playing and serving them lunch.  We also had a chance to visit some homes along the river.  We loaded up canoe taxis and learned how these families raise different types of food.  The group I was in planted peanuts.


 We all decided we made the task take WAY longer than it would have without us! 


 Once we returned to the student center we celebrated the graduation of 2 of the young ladies from the project and enjoyed time worshiping with and loving on the kids.