Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beginning of an Adventure of a Life Time

Welcome to my blog "Love for the Least of These."  


I believe God has called me to love the least of these through my sponsorship with Compassion International.  My adventure began in March of 2011 with a tugging on my heart to sponsor ONE child.  That ONE child stole my heart and refused to give it back.  I never knew a child half a world a way could have such an impact on my life. ONE child turned into TWO, TWO into THREE...I now have the privilege of sponsoring three beautiful little girls in South America and corresponding with three more children all around the world.  These children children have touched my heart in a way I never dreamed possible.


I'm starting this blog so I can share my amazing journey with others.  I plan to share letters, stories, and photographs of my Compassion family and others from the Compassion community. Check out my "My Children" page to learn a little bit about each member of my beautiful Compassion family.




Matthew 25:35-40:
35'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I need clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 
37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
40"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'