Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Daniela's Story

When I finally listened to God's call to sponsor a child in March of 2011, I spent hours and hours searching through the hundreds of precious faces on the Compassion International website.  I had an ideal child in mind--a girl, age 5-10, a head full of braids, and preferably from a large family.  I actually found her.  Her name was Ana, she was 7 years old from the Dominican Republic. However, I also found another little girl that I simply couldn't ignore.  She lives in Colombia with her parents and 3 siblings, and she has the face of an angel.



After much prayer and thought, this 6 year old Colombian sweetheart became the first member of my Compassion Family.  I sent off my "meet your sponsor" packet but I struggled to write my first letter.  Once I received her first letter, my heart was hooked.  This sweet little girl made writing a breeze.


Now, over a year later, I have had many wonderful letters from Daniela and her mother.  I will never forget the first time she "sent me hugs and kisses" or told me she loved me very much.  This little girl started my Compassion journey and I cannot wait for the many more blessings she will bring to my life.


2 comments:

  1. She is absolutely precious!! May God continue to bless you both and your relationship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope to meet her one day-she strikes me as a rambunctious 7 year old! :)

    ReplyDelete