Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Dayana Kinda Day

I've felt like I have been in a little bit of a letter drought.  It's been a few weeks since receiving any letters from any of my kids and I have been feeling kind of antsy!  (Fellow sponsors understand this feeling, am I right?)

Well, I came home from work today to find not 1, but 2 letters! AND one included 2 photos! They were from my 11 year old Dayana in Ecuador and my 5 year old Dayana in Honduras!


Dayana, Ecuador


Dear Brandilyn,

I want to thank you for your letters, are very interesting.  I am always excited when I write letters and I also pray for you and your family, especially for your grandma. (I don't know if she got my latest update on my grandma or not, she passed away while I was visiting Dayana in August) What is cantaloupe? I have never heard of that fruit but sounds delicious-my favorite food is corn and fried pig, potatoees and guinea pig, feet soup, trout and much more.  My favorite colors are light green and green, blue and sky blue.  I want to thank you for the photos, (I sent several photos from my visit to meet her) God bless you. 

Many hugs, 
Dayana


Dayana, Honduras


My Appreciable Brandilyn,

Dayana is dictating this letter to me, her mother and she has a big smile with excitement.  On December 1st she had her closing ceremony and she looked as beautiful as a princess and sisters and I were very happy to prepare a special meal for her and we took lots of pictures.  She is very happy to have somebody to share her happy times with.  She asks you to pray for her and her family that her mother can finish building their house because there is only one room and it is not enough for all of us and pray that the Lord provides everything for her siblings and her to continue in school.  She was happy to share this special moment with them.  We have two dogs called Muñeca and Boby.  There are trees like lemon, avocado, plums, coconut, and mango.  Dayana says goodbye dear Brandilyn. Wishing you blessings for you and her family.

With much love, 
Dayana.  

She is attaching some pictures of her graduation. 



I am so blessed by such sweet children! :)