Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Experiencing Ecuador-A Moment Felt 'Round the World

The most asked question I've gotten about in the past few days, besides "How was your trip?" has been "Did you get to meet the girls you sponsor?"  My obvious answer is "DUH! That's why I went!" But, of course, that's not very polite. So I typically tell the story of my first meeting with my beautiful Dayana.



Isn't that a smile that just melts your heart?  She certainly melts mine!  The night we first met our sponsored children was a dinner party thrown in their honor.  Sponsors were called up to the stage and the children were announced from the side entrance and we met in the middle.  Dayana was the first child to be announced and she came running, full speed toward me and gave me the biggest hug I have ever received.  I spun her around and with tears in her eyes, she simply held on and did not want to let go!  This moment will be forever etched in my memory as one of the greatest moments of my life. The rest of the night she kept squeezing my hand and smiling at me as if she was afraid she would wake up from a dream. Nothing compares to the love of a child!


Do you have room in your heart for the love of a child like Dayana?  There are hundreds of children just like her waiting for someone just like you to show them a little love.  Will you at least take a look at these beautiful children?  Give them, and yourself, a chance for a love of a life time!